de W6QO

FAMILY NEWS FROM JACK BERNATH, AND SOME NOTES ON HOW TO ENJOY YOUR RETIREMENT.

Sunday, October 21, 2007

Dear Family & Friends,
You're probably wondering why you haven't heard from me lately, well I was beset with another serious back problem.

About two months ago I started having severe pain in my right hip and legs, which I immediately recognized as symptoms of another herniated disk. The doctors agreed with my assumption and scheduled me for some more surgery. On Oct. 2, I had a spinal fusion performed on my 3rd & 4th lumbar vertebrae, and everything was successful. With this fusion and the one performed 4 years ago, I have 4 vertebrae fused together. I have been home from the hospital for 2 weeks, and I'm improving each day. I've been walking and sitting more each day, and today I walked down to the shore of the lake. Boy, the lake is really low!! It is down about 5 or 6 feet from it's high point.

I'm looking forward to getting around pretty well after a few more weeks of recovery. I hope the next few years bring me better health than the past few have. Your friendship and support is surely appreciated by myself and Dorothy.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home